Coaching and Mentoring
An easy-to-understand coaching model taught in this workshop will guide you through the coaching process. Prepare yourself to change a few things about yourself in order to coach your employees to better a performance.
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
· Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
· Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
· Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
· Identify the steps needed in defining options for your employee and turn them into a
· Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
· Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
· Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
· Identify and overcoming common obstacles to the growth and development of your employee.
· Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
· Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching, using both to enable long-term development through a positive relationship with your employee.