At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
· Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
· Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
· Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
· Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
· Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming, and performing.
· Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
· Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions, and difficult people in groups.
· Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate, and how to implement them.