By the end of the course you will learn how to:
· Understand the difference between hearing and listening
· Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
· Understand what non-verbal communication is and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
· Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
· Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
· Understand how seeing the other side, building bridges and giving in without giving up can improve skills in influencing other people.
· Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
· Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
· Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
· Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions, situation assessment, and being zealous without being offensive.